Camp GRAND Special Blog – by Kendall Liz

Kendall Liz

Kendall Liz – Guest Blogger

On the first day it was just Papa Tom and me, Gramzie was at work. It was her last day. Papa Tom and I decided to ride the tandem bike. We also played with the walkie-talkies, tested the RV blinkers, and took another bike ride. On the second bike ride we attached a trash bag to the back so we could take it to the dumpster. The bag fell off and got stuck in the spokes, then it had to be ripped to get it out. I then had to hold the bag in one hand and ride the bike one-handed. Thank God, we didn’t fall off!

The next day we packed up and headed to Stone Mountain, Georgia. When we arrived, we were so glad to hear there was a pool! After we unpacked everything, Papa Tom and I rode the tandem bike down to the pool. When we got back from the pool, Gramzie had dinner made. It was sooooo good! We had crispy onion chicken, green beans and tater tots. And for dessert we had ice cream and Australian chocolates (a gift from Gramzie’s boss).

Stone Mountain 3

Kendall being brave on the SkyHike

The next day we got up bright and early and headed to Stone Mountain Park. I did the SkyHike first. It was so fun, but I was kind of scared. Then we had lunch and hopped on a train that went around the base of the mountain. After that we watched the Chicago Boyz, an amazing acrobatic team! We got Icees and then watched a 4D Yogi Bear movie. After Yogi Bear we decide to go back to the RV.

At the RV Papa Tom took a nap. After the nap, Gramzie did laundry while Papa Tom and I went to the pool. We then cleaned up and went to a yummy place called the Metro Café Diner. Gramzie and I shared the Tour of Milan entree. It had garlic toast, salad, fettuccini alfredo, chicken parmesan, and lasagna, sooo good! After dinner we went grocery shopping. Then we went back to the RV to go to sleep.

Kendall Papa Tom Top of Stone Mountain

Kendall and Papa Tom on top of Stone Mountain

The next morning, we woke up and went to the park again. We rode the sky lift to the top of the mountain. When we got to the top we walked around; it was so cool! You could see downtown Atlanta. After that we did something called “Ride the Ducks”. It was a boat that drove on land and in the water! They also gave you a duck quacker whistle. After the ride we went home to make lunch. After eating Papa Tom took a nap. When he finished sleeping we cleaned the RV and made dinner for some friends that had moved to Atlanta about two years ago.

After they left we went to the laser show at Stone Mountain; it was awesome! The next morning, we packed up and headed to Chattanooga. During the next nine days we traveled throughout Tennessee and had a blast!

Comments are closed.